How to Book the Best Business Lunch
You may not realise this but there are a few things that you will need to think about when booking your business lunch and that’s where we come in to help. We have compiled a list of handy tips that you will need to think about so that you can organise your way to a better business lunch!
Things to think about when booking your business lunch
- The time you would like your lunch served
- Is it just a lunch that you require or do you also require a breakfast or afternoon pastries/cakes and how many servings of teas/coffees will you need
- How many people you will need to cater for
- Is there a need for any special dietary food such as Gluten free or Vegetarian/Vegan options etc.
- What type of food will you need; buffet, BBQ, canapés etc.
- Will you serve your lunch in the same room as your meeting or a separate dining area
- Arranging a clean-up, will this be your responsibility or will you need to ask the caterers to do this for you
What to ask your caterer before you book your business lunch
- Do they offer other services such as waiting staff and hire of equipment such as glasses and crockery?
- What are the prices per person?
- Do they offer flexibility in their menu and is there enough variety?
- Do they require a deposit?
- Do they charge extra for travel?
We have many years experience in catering for business lunches, corporate events and networking events and always with excellent feedback from our customers. We often provide all day catering this could include breakfast, lunch or even afternoon teas. All of these can be fully staffed with our courteous, professional catering team.
We Hope your Business Lunch is the best it can be!
Why do the British love to BBQ?
Unfortunately because we don’t get to see the sun as much as we would like to, as soon as it does make an appearance one word immediately pops into our heads…BBQ! We have all done it, rushing to the supermarket as soon as the sun comes out only to find cheap burgers and sausages left on the shelves and by the time we get home the clouds are starting to appear. So why do we love BBQs so much?
BBQs give us the perfect excuse to invite family and friends over for a get together, it is one of the very few meals where it is acceptable to use plastic cups and cutlery, the list of food you can cook on a BBQ is endless and best of all it’s an excuse to have a good time!
Organise the perfect BBQ with help from Funnells. If you love BBQs but would prefer to let someone else to do the cooking this is where we come in.
Here are a few things you need to know about our BBQ service…
- We have TWO BBQ menus to choose from, Hunky Dory BBQ and Gourmet BBQ, each served with mouth-watering salads and desserts.
- Our prices include condiments and a fully trained chef with a helper to cook and serve.
- Set up includes a 3m x 3m gazebo and two 6ft tables with covers. We supply china plates, napkins and cutlery as standard (disposable items are available if requested).
- We can cater at all different types of events such as Weddings, corporate events, celebratory events and even school proms.
- Most importantly the food tastes delicious!
- The food, condiments, crockery and service is sorted so all you need to worry about is the Pimms and having a good time of course.
For more information about our BBQ menus or to book one, please call Nick on 01502 573457.
Choosing a Wedding caterer can be difficult. When planning a wedding it is essential to ask your potential wedding caterer as many questions as possible so that you are 100% sure that you will be choosing the right caterer to use for your special day.
Making a list of questions to ask your wedding caterer is something that we would highly recommend and we have come up with ten questions we get asked on a regular basis and we hope these will also help you.
10 questions to ask your wedding caterer…
What is the maximum amount of people they can cater for?
It’s really good to know your wedding caterer’s limits. You need to find out if can they manage your size of wedding.
Do they have a vegetarian, gluten free, wheat free options?
Even if you have not sent out invitations to your guests it’s good to know if a potential wedding caterer can cater for all dietary requirements.
Would you have to provide equipment such as cutlery, plates etc. or would the catering company provide this?
Planning the logistics of the big day can be a difficult, it is good to know if the wedding caterer does supply equipment and what the costs are.
Do they provide catering staff?
Make sure you understand if you will need to bring in other people to staff your wedding. Often a wedding caterer will supply their own staff (we do), but this is not always the case.
How far are they willing to travel to the venue?
This is a really good question to understand if the wedding caterer is the right fit for you and your wedding. Some wedding caterers will travel far, but charge travel expenses. So do check this before choosing them.
Can the set menus on offer be modified?
It’s good to understand how far a wedding caterer will adapt their menus for you. Most will but understanding the cost implications to the changes is important as costs can soon jump up when you have 30-100 guests on the day!
What is the cancellation policy and would you have to pay a deposit?
It might feel uncomfortable to talk about canceling, but understanding what the terms/costs involved in this can set your mind at ease. Any respectable wedding caterer will not mind this conversation. Trust us it’s worth the question!
Does the cost also include clean up after the wedding?
Asking about the clean up allows you to know if there is another job for you to organise. Most wedding caterers do, some charge more for this. It’s worth confirming this ahead of time.
Do they have any testimonials about their service/food that they can send over?
It’s good to research your wedding caterers asking for testimonials is one way to understand their past experience. If you are unsure ask for previous clients contact details most caterers will be happy to share this!
What does their insurance policy cover
Better to be safe than sorry. Check that your wedding caterer is covered for your type of event. Even better get them to confirm it in an email so you have a record of it, incase the worst should happen.
These ten questions to ask your potential wedding caterer will really help you find the right fit for you. At Funnells Kitchen we believe that a wedding caterer should remove the stress leading up to the wedding and make your special day something to remember.
We hope that these questions will be useful to you and please feel free to share these to any brides-to-be that you know.
Find out more information on what we offer in our wedding menus.